• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bad Pool Header

Smudger

master brummie
On my wifes pc she sometimes gets "bad pool header error", & the pc shuts down & takes a while to boot up again. I`ve Googled the problem & all sorts of remedies come up, some which seem really complicated to me. If anyone has a simple solution that a non techie can work with, it would be most welcome. Or alternatively, would a clean re-install solve the problem? Tia. Smudger.

Hi Smudger ... this could be a tricky one with no simple remedies as Google has probably shown you. Provided the photos files etc are backed up it might be worth doing a clean re-install. There is a feature in 'Settings' which makes this easy.

I did one some time ago which did retain my data and photos etc and M/soft listed all the apps etc which I had to reinstall. See my post HERE

Hi Smudger ... this could be a tricky one with no simple remedies as Google has probably shown you. Provided the photos files etc are backed up it might be worth doing a clean re-install. There is a feature in 'Settings' which makes this easy.

I did one some time ago which did retain my data and photos etc and M/soft listed all the apps etc which I had to reinstall. See my post HERE
Hi oldMohawk, ( interesting name by the way ) I suggested to my wife to do a re-install but she`s worried she might lose valuable files (she makes greeting cards) I`ve done a clean re-install on my own machine with no problems but she says she rather put up with the occasional bad poold header than take a risk. I think that`s a polite way of saying she has no confidence in me!! Thanks anyway.

Hi oldMohawk, ( interesting name by the way ) I suggested to my wife to do a re-install but she`s worried she might lose valuable files (she makes greeting cards) I`ve done a clean re-install on my own machine with no problems but she says she rather put up with the occasional bad poold header than take a risk. I think that`s a polite way of saying she has no confidence in me!! Thanks anyway.
Hi Smudger - hopefully your wife has got her computer backed up anyway if she has valuable files in it.
Regarding my username, I used to be a youngMohawk as you can see HERE .... :)

Back