• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Xenforo bugs/help

I think the 'Conversations' button is built into the xenforo software so we will have to remember that 'Posts' are now 'Messages' and the old 'Instant Messages' or 'Private Messages' are now 'Conversations' .... :D

as long as they are private phil thats fine...also just noticed that frothblower started a new thread for st day unders the discussions sections so i clicked on discussions but you have to scroll down past very old threads to find it..i would have thought the lastest new thread posted would have been at the top..

as long as they are private phil thats fine...also just noticed that frothblower started a new thread for st day unders the discussions sections so i clicked on discussions but you have to scroll down past very old threads to find it..i would have thought the lastest new thread posted would have been at the top..
I found it by looking at 'Recent Activity' and seeing his avatar and just under his name clicked on 'St. George' which took me directly to his 'Post' (I mean message)...:)
I like his flag ...

ps. With the 'Forum List' page looking at 'New Posts' on the right, click on 'St. George' which his new thread rather than 'Discussions' which is the Forum it is in.

Last edited:
If you go to be posts and click mark all as read it will then show all the new one especially (from then on)

Xenforo has built up all the posts for all the years the forum has been around it can't fully tell what's new to you u told you click mark all as read

No that's my fault when I was styling I need to correct it, just need to find where it is in the templates and change it to Blue

how do i delete all of my private messages..had a look but cant seem to find out how

lyn

Click show all in inbox pop up tick the box of the message you don't want and choose an action

Click show all in inbox pop up tick the box of the message you don't want and choose an action
I notice when a conversation is selected, the box which pops up for me has no 'delete' function but it seems 'leave conversations' is the actual delete function and when selected another box to be ticked allows the deletion.

If 'all' is selected and then 'leave conversations' the lot can be deleted. ref Lyn's post#47

phil this is what i am getting and i find it very confusing...i would never had thought that the leave conversations would be the delete function...i will go back and try again if i cant get it this time i shall give up:(

phil this is what i am getting and i find it very confusing...i would never had thought that the leave conversations would be the delete function...i will go back and try again if i cant get it this time i shall give up:(
It works Lyn I've tried it...

phil thanks very much i have cracked it but only because you explained it to me in a way that i could understand...:)

Hi Lyn I'm still feeling my way around the new forum and on my iPad at the moment where it looks slightly different.
I think after a week or two we will know our way around it.
It like using Windows 10 after Windows 7 ... takes time to get used to it ...:)

I notice when a conversation is selected, the box which pops up for me has no 'delete' function but it seems 'leave conversations' is the actual delete function and when selected another box to be ticked allows the deletion.

If 'all' is selected and then 'leave conversations' the lot can be deleted. ref Lyn's post#47

Hi Lyn I'm still feeling my way around the new forum and on my iPad at the moment where it looks slightly different.
I think after a week or two we will know our way around it.
It like using Windows 10 after Windows 7 ... takes time to get used to it ...:)

yes phil i know it will take time..thing is i have never been into too much technical stuff and i know i am not alone...so long as i know how to make a post post images and a few other bits and bobs ie what you have just helped me with i shall be happy with that....i shall leave the over my head technics :eek:to the clever members such as yourself..thanks again phil:)

phil i like the way you have done that but here goes again...when i right click to save it does not say..save images...bet you wished you had not mentioned it to me now:rolleyes:

phil i like the way you have done that but here goes again...when i right click to save it does not say..save images...bet you wished you had not mentioned it to me now:rolleyes:
Hi Lyn ... the right click was to show my old post in a separate browser tag (using Chrome).
If you want to save the pdf files into your computer, when it shows on screen there should be a 'download button' showing to download it to wherever you want in your computer. But the pdfs are always visible from the forum.
I used the same in the Keith Berry pics thread.
Phil

Not a bug, just a nice feature in the 'Search' .... :cool:
If you put a member's name (perhaps your own) in the 'Posted by Member' box and do not tick any other boxes it will find every post that member has ever made !

More useful is if you are looking at one of your watched (subscribed) threads, put your name in the 'Posted by Member' box and tick 'Search this thread only' you will see a list of all your posts in the thread.

Back