• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Xenforo bugs/help

Hi Warren ... Thanks for your hard work setting up the new forum and don't forget family and job come first !

A small bug ... it's gone ... not relevant now.

Last edited:
Will take a look see if I can figure out why it hasn't converted these properly

Had a look there is another step I need to do this time as the other forum no longer exists will do it as soon as I get chance

Morning Son, you have really surpassed yourself this time, the forum is looking very fresh and exciting. I have been testing everything and seeing if I can break it (lol), which really does prove that it is idiot proof..
Thank you sooo much and luvyaloads...

Hi, I would appreciate some tuition with the "search" function. Tried putting various topics in but always get the nothing found message. New screens look great, and I guess like Windows10 when I get used to it I will love it! Thanks for all your hard work.

Ive not rebuilt the search yet, this takes a while however i will start that now.

I quite like it, like anything else we will soon forget we was using a different version. Just one question, is there a way we can change the colour scheme? Most of us will probably continue as it is, but it would be nice to have another option.

there is an option but I haven't made any other ones yet so it's just this one for now, i will make a darker one

Hi Warren ... when I now click on the link it takes me to the first post in the Old Pubs thread when it was actually a link to post#778 in the thread.
Hi Warren .... Thinking about links to actual posts in the old forum I mainly used them to acknowledge posts where the linked pics had originally been posted by other members.

With your recent fix, the links to the existing pics in forum posts are working brilliantly, so perhaps it is not so important about the acknowledgement links to the actual posts in the old forum.

there isnt a lot i can do about that i don't think, most seems to be working perfectly im just rebuilding the search cache now takes all day but it's a script so it's unattended.

Morning Son, you have really surpassed yourself this time, the forum is looking very fresh and exciting. I have been testing everything and seeing if I can break it (lol), which really does prove that it is idiot proof..
Thank you sooo much and luvyaloads...
Thanks dad love you too

Warren

How do I get back to seeing the last post first, if you understand what I mean. On this version I'm having to scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the last post made. On the old version there was an option setting so that you could set the positions of posts so the last post made was at the top. I am unable to find that on this version.

Have just uploaded a file to the "Birmingham 150 years ago" thread, which did not show large enough formany to read. Tried to put it in coppermine, and got message "upload failed." Impossible to move. Haven;t used coppermine for a few weeks so not sure if it is to do with Xenofo or something else.

Warren

How do I get back to seeing the last post first, if you understand what I mean. On this version I'm having to scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the last post made. On the old version there was an option setting so that you could set the positions of posts so the last post made was at the top. I am unable to find that on this version.
I didnt even know the last one did that, will take a look see if i can find anything.

Back