• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Auction: 'misty Canal' Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
This auction of 'Misty Canal' - a painting by artist Eric Cook - is about to start. Our dear friend Eric Cook (cookie273uk) has kindly donated this lovely painting for auction on BHF. The proceeds from this auction will all go to BHF forum running costs.

image.jpeg

Details : 'Misty Canal' is a wonderfully atmospheric canal scene. It's a watercolour on quality watercolour paper (French hand-made 'Arches' paper 300lb). The painting is 12.5 inch by 8.5 inch and comes framed (external frame size is 18 inch by 14 inch). Delivery/collection to be agreed. (Please note that, sadly, we are unable to accept bids from outside the UK unless the bidder can make their own arrangements to collect).

Please place your bids on this thread. The auction commences immediately and will end @ 7.00 pm (19.00 hrs) on Sunday, 17 April, 2016.

Happy bidding everyone and thank you for your continued support.
And a big thank you to Eric for his generosity in donating this painting.

Hi viv
My bid twenty pounds for starters have a nice day and I hope the weather is gonna be kind down there in brum
Today as my Dutch ESS and myself are coming to brum at stechford to give my sister in law a surprise visit
We have not seen in two years apparently she is at stechford matalan selling Marie curry drafts
Best wishes Alan, also have a good day to all our other members of this great site , Astonian,,,,

Two days to go everyone. It's not every day you get a chance to own one of Eric's paintings. Auction closes 7.00 pm this coming Sunday. Viv.

Seems no one wants an Eric picture if they have to pay - Pity - because they can wait all their life to try and win one at the Meet ups!
I'll go £30.

Brian

Seems no one wants an Eric picture if they have to pay - Pity - because they can wait all their life to try and win one at the Meet ups!
I'll go £30.

Brian

I'm one of the lucky ones having won a fabulous rendition by Eric of the 50's Bull Ring at a recent "meet" this being the reason why I'm not bidding here. You might find that like most timed auctions bidders are waiting until the last few moments.

Just posted this onto the what I thought was the fb page of the Group - Birmingham History group - always the same people posting, same pics, etc, and many references to checking out the main forum for extra detail, etc. only to have it instantly deleted as it is NOT the same group - and they have no intention of promoting the Forum?

Totally confused as I assumed it was the fb page for this Forum - obviously not - and stated in no uncertain terms.

Perplexed?

Brian

Don't' think the FB page allows you to post links to here Brian but thanks for trying. Viv.

Hi Viv,

hadn't realised there had been a political bust up between the Main Forum & the Fb page who each went separate ways,
Always seems to be the same contributors, and articles, but never the twain shall be connected - apparently.
Sad that so many who view the fb and rarely look at the Main Forum will miss out the chance of a 'Eric'!
Brian

Just posted this onto the what I thought was the fb page of the Group - Birmingham History group - always the same people posting, same pics, etc, and many references to checking out the main forum for extra detail, etc. only to have it instantly deleted as it is NOT the same group - and they have no intention of promoting the Forum?

Totally confused as I assumed it was the fb page for this Forum - obviously not - and stated in no uncertain terms.

Perplexed?

Brian

no the Facebook group is not connected with this site, it once was but longer is.
having said that what's the name of the Facebook group?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi warren as brian said in his post its now called the birmingham history group

lyn

Just got back from holiday - tried to make a donation before I went but was unsuccessful (probably need an idiot`s guide), so I bid £50.00.
Annie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back