• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Westminster Infant/Junior School

Samina

proper brummie kid
Hi all,

I'm looking for old photos of Westminster Infant and Junior school in Handsworth, Westminster road. The older the photos, the better! :)

Thanks

Hi Samina am of no help with the photo's but my late sister in law Janet Farrell taught there. Good luck. Jean.

I went to this school in the early to mid 90s with very fond memories of teachers and staff. Would love to know if anyone has a list of teachers and whether year photos are available.

I went to this school in the early to mid 90s with very fond memories of teachers and staff. Would love to know if anyone has a list of teachers and whether year photos are available.
Chan, welcome to the Forum, a really great place.
I went to Westminster Rd from 50 to 54. If that is meaningful to you let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I'm here I went to infants and juniors 1952 - 58 and then to Rookery Road or to give it its posh name
William Murdoch sec. mod mixed

We (Slade Road School) went to North Wales for a week in 1967 I think, with a couple of other junior schools, one of which was Westminster Road School. We had some great fun mixing together and the trip was featured in the centre spread of the Sunday Mercury. As I recall, there was a swimming pool, a tuck shop and we slept 8 to a hut. I heard, it was a Italian Prisoner of War Camp during WW2. Geography clearly wasn't our strong point at Slade Road and we really thought that Westminster School was in London, funny how our accents were so strikingly similar...:cool:

We (Slade Road School) went to North Wales for a week in 1967 I think, with a couple of other junior schools, one of which was Westminster Road School. We had some great fun mixing together and the trip was featured in the centre spread of the Sunday Mercury. As I recall, there was a swimming pool, a tuck shop and we slept 8 to a hut. I heard, it was a Italian Prisoner of War Camp during WW2. Geography clearly wasn't our strong point at Slade Road and we really thought that Westminster School was in London, funny how our accents were so strikingly similar...:cool:
My, how things changed. I went to Westminster Rd school in the early 50’s, the only thing we had was a Christmas party and celebrated Harvest Festival. I understand why and am very happy for that!

Back