• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wolesley or Morris Commercial fire brigades

streamboy

knowlegable brummie
Hi there, can anybody help me with information about Wolesley or Morris Commercial fire brigades, at Ward end or Adderly st.
Somebody has recently contacted me seeking information about an Austin Gypsy fire tender that he believes was used at a BMC plant in Birmingham, possibly Wolesley or Morriss.
The registration number is JOG630E.
If anybody out there has any information they can post then I will pass it on to him.
Cheers.
ex factory fireman.

I used to be a paper kid working for Westwoods at the Maypole.
I might even have delivered your "Mail", streamboy !
Ah the Saturday matinee, cheering the cowboy with the white hat and booing the baddie with the black one.

Hi Streamboy - I lived in Stotfold Road for a couple of years but my sister lives on Druids Heath.

Perhaps we need a thread for Maypole Memories if we do not already have one running - if so I will move these specific posts to that.

BernardR

I used to be a paper kid working for Westwoods at the Maypole.
I might even have delivered your "Mail", streamboy !
Ah the Saturday matinee, cheering the cowboy with the white hat and booing the baddie with the black one.

Funny old world I delivered papers for Westwoods, all around the Maypole area, Despatch Post and evening mail, 3 bags of papers on a sunday and the Argus on saturdays, all for 9bob (45 pence).

Hi Bernard would you still have that pic of JOG 630E gypsy ? Another pic of that vehicle is on here ...link below but is only side view.

thanks.

Rover
BernardR is no longer a member of the forum, and therefore cannot reply

Hi there, can anybody help me with information about Wolesley or Morris Commercial fire brigades, at Ward end or Adderly st.
Somebody has recently contacted me seeking information about an Austin Gypsy fire tender that he believes was used at a BMC plant in Birmingham, possibly Wolesley or Morriss.
The registration number is JOG630E.
If anybody out there has any information they can post then I will pass it on to him.
Cheers.
ex factory fireman.
Hi streamboy would you still a copy of that pic of JOG 630E gypsy ? Another pic of that vehicle is on here ...under factory Fire Service ....Morris Commercial,,,,but its only side view.
Tried asking Bernard but he no longer a member.

thanks.

Hi Rover, I have contacted the Gypsy owner and asked him to send me a few photos , so if he does I will post them on forum for you to see.
Not sure if we can post email address on forum so if we can I could send them to you direct.
Cheers

Hi Rover, I have contacted the Gypsy owner and asked him to send me a few photos , so if he does I will post them on forum for you to see.
Not sure if we can post email address on forum so if we can I could send them to you direct.
Cheers
Thank you i would really appreciate that.

Is this photo of JOG 630E available to be seen by most?

Hi Rob...could send a copy to my email address please having difficulty openi

Hi Rob....i cant open the link for some reason...would you be able to send the pic to my email address please...thx

Back