• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

I suppose I can say this is an old street pic, well at least part of the street is visible.
My dad took this photo in the early 1950s. It is Grindleford Rd on the Beeches Estate Great Barr.
index.php

Last edited:
View attachment 88054 Not quite an"old " street picture, perhaps c1970. A lovely view looking up Bournville Lane towards the Bristol Rd . I think it would be difficult to find a better road embellishment than here. I'd say the best in Birmingham. Some of the trees have been replaced in recent times so the balance isn't quite the same.

Attachments

• img128.jpg
    img128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
I would agree. :encouragement: Even now the council gardeners do a magnificent job. The flower troughs all along most of the city centre dual carriageways do wonders in brightening up the place. :love-struck:

green lane 1964 wards.jpgI had been at work for a few months when this one was taken think I earned about as much as my paper round for the first year

Back