• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Burial location

showmen1800

This is my first post, so I am hoping someone will be able to help. I am trying to find my great grandparents grave.

Thaddeus John and Maud Emeline Moynihan, as I understand it, were buried together. Thaddeus died in 1957 and Maud in 1983. No-one can remember where they were buried, but the lived in the Perry Barr area, and were catholic as far as we know.

It is coming up to the 30th anniversary of Maud's death, and I would like to be able to take my granny to visit her grave one time before she is too far gone with dementia.

If anyone can help me trace their whereabouts I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Regards
Elise

maybe contact local funeral directors if you know the address they lived at probably local one to that address, believe they keep records, might be worth looking in evening mail from around the time see if anything posted

This is my first post, so I am hoping someone will be able to help. I am trying to find my great grandparents grave.

Thaddeus John and Maud Emeline Moynihan, as I understand it, were buried together. Thaddeus died in 1957 and Maud in 1983. No-one can remember where they were buried, but the lived in the Perry Barr area, and were catholic as far as we know.

It is coming up to the 30th anniversary of Maud's death, and I would like to be able to take my granny to visit her grave one time before she is too far gone with dementia.

If anyone can help me trace their whereabouts I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Regards
Elise

Elise
If they were Catholic try New Oscott. Also check with the local Catholic Church. The undertakers mentioned may help but try the Co-Op as well
Best of luck

Thank you to all of you, I will follow up on your suggestions tomorrow and will let you know the outcome :courage:

If they were Catholics then St Chad's hold the parish records for most of the Archdiocese of Birmingham. An address might give a clue to the nearest catholic church and then you can see if they have a graveyard. Failing that St Chad's might be able to suggest a graveyard.

Janice

Sorry about the spelling mistakes I am slightly dyslexic. This should be quite an easy one to solve if your Grand parents were laid to rest at Witton Cemetery. You have the year of passing for both, If you call the Cemetery and give them your Grand parents first Name and Surname and the year they passed then they should be able to tell you the plot number for one plot (if they are buried together) or two separate plots if they are in separate memorials. They are very good at Witton at doing look ups but sometimes due to the volume of enquiries they have I find you may have to wait a week or so for the information. Also you may consider Quinton Cemetery (yes it is quite a way for Perry bar) but there quite a large Irish/Catholic section there, but to get the information for Quinton Cemetery you will have to Call Kings Norton cemetery as the Cemetery office at quinton closed some time ago. Also if it is a Birmingham Council Cemetery, they are trying to put on their burials on line I think if you google deceased online that should take you to it.

Back