• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Jones

sarunte43

master brummie
Not sure if this is in the right spot but here goes...
I'm looking for a reference to "A. Jones" in Kelly's Directory for 1901. May have been listed under Art Metal Workers.

He was living at 246 MaryVale Road at that time.

Thank you
SR

Kelly 1900 lists Jones & Willis Edmund St., works Porchester Street under Art Metal Workers and lists a Jeremiah Jones at 246 Mary Vale Road.

Colin

There is a Jones at that address and the same year but he is listed as Jones Jeremiah
under Art Metal Worker there is a Jones and Willis Edmund St and Medieval Metal Workers Jones and Willis Edmund St Works Porchester St

Not sure if this is in the right spot but here goes...
I'm looking for a reference to "A. Jones" in Kelly's Directory for 1901. May have been listed under Art Metal Workers.

He was living at 246 MaryVale Road at that time.

Thank you
SR

Jeremiah Jones was father of Alfred Jones (A. Jones). Alfred was a designer of jewellery and metalwork. The 1901 census describes Alfred as a "jeweller" on his own account.
Do you know how I might determine if the "Jones" of Jones and Willis, was one and the same person?

SR

There is a way that you can check and that is to check when the business was registered I do not know the web page other will

Jeremiah Jones was father of Alfred Jones (A. Jones). Alfred was a designer of jewellery and metalwork. The 1901 census describes Alfred as a "jeweller" on his own account.
Do you know how I might determine if the "Jones" of Jones and Willis, was one and the same person?

SR

SR
sarunte43, post: 491656, member: 7736"]
Hello just seen your post. The Jones you speak of is not the Jones of Jones and Willis. Interesting though that he is involved in metalwork which is something Jones and Willis were involved in from 1840s to 1940s. J&W were a HUGE company of Church Furniture manufacturers and one of their workshops was in Porchester Street. I have just seen on this wonderful site a map showing exactly where they were. The Jones part of Jones and Willis was Edward Jones 1807-1863. I see your post was a few years ago!! You probably solved your questions long ago...
Kind regards.

Back