• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

The Clock at Snow Hill was amazing!, wonder what happened to it?...
Just found it...
https://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh1129.htm

When people speak about meeting under the clock at Snow Hill, I have always assumed they meant the clock in the booking hall shown in post 1850. The clock in the link to Warwickshire Railways is the clock on Platform 7 but you would have needed a ticket to get to that and it would be no good if you were arriving or departing on a down train.

On post 1854 the pub on the right hand corner of Park Lane/Potters Hill the pub is The Shareholders - I have often wondered how it got the name.

The photograph in post 1861 showing Lawley street. Can anyone confirm that the company just out of the photograph was G H Bloore Ltd. which dealt in plastics. My Dad worked there in the 60's and seventy's.
regards John.

The company in post 1861 was J Saville Gordon (Tubes & Fittings) Ltd, they were next door to GH Bloore Ltd, I worked there from 1983 to 1989 when they moved to Sherlock Street when Lawley Street was widened to a dual carriageway and the building was demolished.

Please, please, please. Does anyone have a photo of Blews Street? :sorrow:

Mizzyjo there are a couple of threads for Blew Street. If you put Blew Street in the search at the top of the page they should come up. The one with the photos is Blew Street/Brewery Street.

hi folks time for a few more from me...

would love to know where abouts in unett st newtown this shop was and who the 2 ladies and the little girl are..
buying and selling war saving certs at a general store dated 1940img617.jpg

Back