• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham FC

hi keegs what a great collection of photos...hope its ok if i forward the pic on post 27 to one of our members who does not log on very often...his grandaughter is married to gary pendrys son so maybe he could show it to gary who could confirm if it is himself in the photo...

keep em coming...these pics are brill for all blues noses...oh and well done on beating reading yesterday...hope to see the team at wembley...

lyn

keegs. Some great photos there my friend. And the ones mentioning Johny Schofield really brought back memories. He was in goal for Blues when I first started going to games. If you've any more, keep them coming. Cheers.

morning bazz..although a baggies supporter for 45 years i also support the blues...terrible when we have to play each other though as i really hope will be the case next season lol...

lyn

bazz...this is the memorial brick i had laid for steve a life long supporter...he knew i would be doing this and said he would rather have this than anything fancy done at the crem....really pleased with it and i know steve would be too..

lyn

bcfc002.jpg

thank david...strange thing is i feel no sorrow when i look at the memorial brick...just proud that i was able to fulfill my promise....

lyn

hi keegs what a great collection of photos...hope its ok if i forward the pic on post 27 to one of our members who does not log on very often...his grandaughter is married to gary pendrys son so maybe he could show it to gary who could confirm if it is himself in the photo...

keep em coming...these pics are brill for all blues noses...oh and well done on beating reading yesterday...hope to see the team at wembley...

lyn
Hi,I am sure it's Gary in the pic.It's the guy next to him in the light sweat's,I can't remember his name for the life of me,and I worked there for 6 years.

IMGP3184.jpg
Here is one that belonged to my mom.The team was before my time,but I did get to meet some of the players later in life.Look at the state of the pitch !

Lyn. Thats a great momento for you of Steve. Have even thought of that for myself, when the time comes. Maybe I ought to discuss it with my better half lol.

IMGP3198.jpg
There is something very fishy about this "Argus" clipping.The young guy in the trilby is Doug Ellis(before he went over to the dark side).At the time the youngest director on the Blues board.With him are left to right-Bobby Thompson/Colin Green/Johnny Vincent/Ron Wylie/Ron Fenton.I have no idea what the heck is going on in this pic,but I appologise to all our lady members for some of the guys posing in their underpants !!

please dont apologise keegs..made me laff..just what we need on this wet and windy day...lol

lyn

Here's a face I idolized back then.View attachment 76812
My mates sister ran Trevor's fan club.It was held in a room above Foster Brothers store on the Coventry Road,Small Heath.Trevor was a great guy who always had time for people,and whenever possible came to the club evenings.That is not why my mate and I offered our help though,our ulterior motive was that it was always packed with girls and a great pick up place !

HI ALL
Nice to see picture in post 41.My late uncle CYRIL TRIGG is the player with the ball at his feet.Dads sister married CYRIL, and dads brother was
FRED HARRIS. It was great to go down the BLUES in those days, and have 2 uncles in the team.
KEN

IMGP3200.jpg
A 1967 programme clipping,team captain,Ron Wylie carries off the mascot who got too close to one of the footballs that redken mentioned.

HI ALL
Nice to see picture in post 41.My late uncle CYRIL TRIGG is the player with the ball at his feet.Dads sister married CYRIL, and dads brother was
FRED HARRIS. It was great to go down the BLUES in those days, and have 2 uncles in the team.
KEN
Never saw them play,but my mom and dad talked about how skilled they were all the time.
Keegs.

keegs. What a great pic #52 is. My mates and I virtually lived there. Many, many happy hours spent in there. Lovely to see again. Oh, by the way keegs, the attached photos youve posted lately I seem to be having trouble with. When I click on them, I get a message saying Invalid Attachment, & to Notify an administrator. Dont know if its just me or not.

IMGP3202.jpg
Blues Girls football team.
August 1969,I was 16 and had another great reason to work for B.C.F.C.

HI KEEGS
Strange that you have put up a picture of LEW STOKER. My dad always said that his sister MARG always fancied LEW, but
settled for CYRIL in the end.
KEN

Back