• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pubs Of The Past

Thanks Stitcher, will appreciate what you can do when you can do. Mike, thanks also is there anywhere that I could find an actual recording of John Stanley's time there? Carol.

33~1.jpeg

In Perry Barr with this one and it is A nice picture of The Beeches in it's early years, 1950.

44~0.jpeg

This one is The Apple Tree in Dudley Street and a handwritten line on the back says the year is 1898

These photos are all just wonderful! Thanks to everyone for time and effort (especially when we're all so busy at this time of the year)
Hugs under the mistletoe to you all. :love-struck:

thanks carolina for posting the pic of the leopard again...

mike when i first posted this one ages back you gave us the number which you have done so again...could you post a map please showing the position... ive got a feeling it was on the left hand side going away from the city centre towards hockley hill..

thanks mike..

Last edited:
11~5.jpeg

The corner of Irving Street and Latimer Street, The Wheatsheaf in 1964.

22~9.jpeg

This is The Kings Arms on the corner of William Street and Bishopgate Street, again in 1964.

Last edited by a moderator:
44~1.jpeg

This is R.J.Bradshaws Dining rooms in Dudley Street 1895. At one time the establishment boasted the best 6d dinner in town but in 1895 I would think 6d would have been expesive for a dinner. The beer served was made by Holders and was made at a brewery in Nova Scotia Street not far from Digbeth.

11~7.jpeg

This lovely old picture is The Bell in 1965. It was located on the corner of Bell Barn Road and Bristol Street, it should not be confused with The Bell Barn Tavern which just was a few minutes walk away.

Back