• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

School badges

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
I am considering formulating a catelogue of school badges/insignia for all the old schools (those now demolished or closed) in Brum. Your help would be greatly appreciated - if you have a copy of your old school badge and your school no longer exists please post..... Mabz

Here is the badge for Harry Lucas

best of luck mabz sounds good
icon14.gif
...my school was archbishop mastersons but the badge was a lot like me worn out.. and went the way of most school things in the bin !
icon13.gif
sorry

Keith,

This was my old school badge. It was Byng Kenrick Grammar School for girls, when I was there. Later, it joined with Central Grammar School for boys, and they had a different badge.

Ann

My children attended Saltley Grammar School. The school is still there but has been Comprehensive since the late 70's.

SaltleyGrammarBadgeA.jpg

Here's the badge pocket of my last school blazer (daft the stuff we keep, isn't it?) George Dixon Grammar School, City Road Edgbaston.

old school badges some made by frattorini in brum I think oh and Archbishop mastersons were two schools boys and girls !

Last edited:
Hi the other half
i would agree with you on that one they was the main
one fattori,s my sister used to work there and my friends wife from child hood whom came from weston rd she worked there from girl to woman best wishes other half .

Tom can I have your drinks moniter badge please?. I have my badges put away somewhere try and sort them out. Jean.

Note, programme unavailable.

Trying again...I don't have an actual badge for Fentham Girls School but I have the school crest same as the badge from the Centennial Reunion
Programme. The Reunion was held in Sutton Town Hall on 18th April,
2004 with 375 ex-pupils attending. Hubby, who designed the programme managed to reproduce the crest from an old faded one someone sent to us.

Hi Ann
H'mm...I was at Central 57-64, so maybe not so likely we knew many of the same people after all. You never know, though........

Graham

No, I agree. I doubt we did know any of the same people. Three years makes quite a difference at that age. I've posted a couple of photograps of Central Grammar for you on the Tile Cross/Marston Green/Dorridge thread.

Ann

This is the only picture I have of my school badge and tie.

A passport photo taken in 1947.

School: Sir Josiah Mason's Orphanage.

School Motto: Do Deeds of Love:

Keith the Manor Park one has nothing on and I can't put my hands on the other but will look tomorrow after the hospital.. TTFN. Jean.

Hi there. Here's a pic of speech day programme for Marsh Hill Girls Grammar Tech School 1967. It shows the school badge. I think the school no longer exists. Think it became Josiah Mason College. Headmistress in 1967 was Mrs Cockbaine (who insisted on being called CObaine i.e silent c and k !!) Hope this is a useful addition to the collection. Viv.

Replacement image - not of the Speech Day programme, but of the school blazer badge.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Keith would you like the Manor Park School badge sent to you?. Dorothy will post it to you or myself. She only lives in Sheffield road so maybe you could arrange to pick it up or she could deliver it to the College?. Jean.

Keith would you like the Manor Park School badge sent to you?. Dorothy will post it to you or myself. She only lives in Sheffield road so maybe you could arrange to pick it up or she could deliver it to the College?. Jean.

Thanks Jean - can you email me at college with Dorothy' sdetails and I will contact her. keith

Will do Keith. I now have her phone number and will talk with her later. She has one of those special hearing phones as she is almost deaf so wish me luck. She is due to have a cochlea transplant shortly so I will get a move one. Jean.

Keith the badge has arrived at last. I have e.mailed you but not success with the Yew tree road badge. Jean.

Jean - I got back today from a half-term break with Paula to find it had been delivered. Thank you so much Jean, I will add it to my treasured collection of old Birmingham Schools.

If anyone has any unwanted Birmingham School photographs, badges or school ephemora, please IM me? Cheers Mabz

.... although davidfowler has already posted a photograph of the blazer badge of Bordesley Green Boys' Technical School in Post #3 above, here's a photo of the only known example of the school's cap badge - together with cap! In the second shot they are lying on the Tech.'s sixth-form scarf.

Cap_Badge_28square29.jpg

May_2011_049.jpg

View attachment 67978 View attachment 67977

Last edited:
Back