• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

my family snaps

I love the old pictures, found these, my nan on the right with her friend Rose Leason, saucy or what, and in the boat is my gt grandma (nans mom) on far left, both a day out in Blackpool. What fun they all used to have

i reckon most nans were like that....if you still miss her now she must have been a lovely person....and i know you will treasure the photos you have of her...

lyn

Denise what fantastic photo's am so glad you joined the forum. Sorry I didn't get back to you on face book but Pete's a bit wary of it. Your old Holte road and Manor Park friend. Jean.

Jean I don't bother with facebook except to play scrabble with a friend who lives in Trowbridge, do anything to try and keep the old brain cells working. Did you ever get to look at those pics of the birthday party
Denise

Great photos Denise...The boat photo is amazing. All clad in their hats
and coats having a great time. No sports clothes back then. I will post a photo of my Father's family having a picnic in the park. I never knew my grandparents on either side but I did know other girls Nan's and they were all wonderful.

Jean, Nan was with it, only 4ft11ins but a proper little mover and grandad 6ft. She loved to dance, grandad had two left feet, he prefered his allotment and pigs to the dance floor :D

Lyn, only just now did I come across your great thread and photos. Very enjoyable to look at all these old photos, thanks to all for sharing.

This is my cousin Frederick, in the pram and now also a forum member, with me at Blackpool in 1953. :)

Found another one, a boat trip to I don't know where, the tall man in the middle was my grandad and the little chappie to his right with the trilby was his dad, what did happen there :rolleyes:

Yes I did Denise but I was never invited. But the big girl was Betty Read my old neighbour FROM 59 COSIN OF CAROL FROM 65. Jean. We keep in touch and are getting together soon. Jean.

hi all...just found a few more family snaps....
these are of mom and dad in 1950 at a caravan site in radcliffe...jean if you see these just look at the vans....:D:D

lyn

this is our kid mark in nans back yard paddington st...dont know what he is wearing but i love this pic....its just come back to me...i think mom called it a teddy bear suit...

me in the back yard of our nans...typical girl..dolly pram..and bag slung round the neck...

this is moms aunt maud holding me at the entry of paddington st...she lived on the front and we lived at the back....

Hey Lyn should have seen our first one many years ago. It had a coal fire and a pull down bed no loo or running water but what fun we all had. Lovely photo's Lyn. Jean.

lol jean...sounds like the one my aunt had in fradley by the side of the canal...used to spend most weekends there as a kid...happy days:):)
lyn

Brilliant photo's Lyn. I love looking at the old photo's meks yer nostalgic don't it!:)

Wendy are you asking when the 60's night was if so there is a thread all about it. You can use the search box above.

Last edited by a moderator:
it sure does wendy..every now and then i get the old pics out and have a travel back in time moment....:D:D

This is a photo of my sister and myself about 1965. My dad built the swing for us from metal tubing which he sank into concrete in the lawn. As you can see he loved his garden.:)

Back