can clearly see daylight through the windows which indicates that the front part of the archway which we can also see could have been saved...
I don't know the date as comments relating to the post were from only a year ago. But I think it may have been around 2016.Do we have a date Viv?
I posted the photo's in my earlier post. This was the last I saw of the archway. Don't know what happened to them when the demolition teams came in. The site was completely locked off to everyone but the contractors.maybe zero could read post 126 and let us know that the main archway and 2 flanking archways are not in storage..as far as i recall the whole lot was demolished very furtively
lyn


hi viv i did wonder if the date on the bell was 1851 not 1831 but didnt like to say as you say it could have been either...i am sure zero will be able to confirm it came from western road workhouse..Yes, Lyn, in my post #161, I presumed the bell was moved from Lichfield Street to Western Road. Maybe someone can confirm it was at one time on the Western Road site.
I notice there's a yellow 'Museum Archive' notice alongside the bell. Does this give us a clue as to where it's stored ? The Dollman Stores, perhaps ? And was it moved into storage in the 1990s when the workhouse buildings were demolished (excepting the Archway of Tears) ?
With further searching, found this below, and it seems to be an artifact of BMAG. Could it be/have been in Bham Museum and Art Gallery ? The date on this bell is clearly 1851 so it must have been cast for the Western Road workhouse. The yellow labelling of the bell in post #158 is dated 1831. Taking a closer look at the photo of the bell in post #158 think the bell is actually stamped 1851. So don't know why the yellow label suggests otherwise. Must be an error, as it's easy to mistake the '51' for '31'.
View attachment 231197

I'll find out next week. When I took the photo's they were kept at an off site storage location for the trust.once again fantastic photos zero...it seems as though quite a few very important artifacts were saved which is great to know...the bell is most important and if you could find out where its stored that would be great as viv has said given its date of 1831 it was most likely at the lichfield st workhouse and then moved to western road...what would be even better is to find out if there are any plans for the artifacts to be displayed somewhere where the public can see them..thanks again zero this is turning into a very interesting thread
lyn
As far as I am aware, both bells are from the site. Can't see the trust accepting such items from elsewhere.hi viv i did wonder if the date on the bell was 1851 not 1831 but didnt like to say as you say it could have been either...i am sure zero will be able to confirm it came from western road workhouse..
lyn