• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 war Graves painting

cookie273uk

master brummie
Rosie WW1 war graves 2.jpgHave painted this for a member of her Great Uncles war grave (France??) not sure of exact location. Her uncles is the one nearest boundary wall. The painting is not so 'bluey' looking as this image but using my Windows Live Photo Gallery I still could not obtain a good true colour reproduction. THE LESS 'BLUEY' VERSION IS NEARER THE CORRECT COLOUR, don,t usually have this problem with reproducing correct colours ???? EricRosie WW1 war graves.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one, Eric, and it seems a bit of a change from your usual style with a predominance of blues. Almost reminds me of a minimalist photograph.

Maurice

oh eric i do like that and its hard for me to explain but it kind of says nothing but also says everything....

through my eyes its absolutely fantastic

lyn

Last edited:
here is the young man whose resting place that eric as kindly painted for me
his name is charles concannon and was my great uncle
thank you eric josie197138_507861352571003_1221880669_n.jpg9b689e3b-b2b0-424f-9ade-2f4e09456224.jpg

how wonderful to have a photo of charles josie and also one of his gravestone...he looked a fine young man

lyn

Hi josietrue hope you don't mind but i had a go at your pic, just learning to do this.C Concannen,.jpg Hope you like it, all the best Michael.

i would like to say a big thank you to eric for delivering the beautiful painting that he did for me
it is now on my wall for all to admire THANK YOU
josie

Back