• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wareham, Felicia (nee Holloway)

leslam

Brummie by marriage
Wendy posted this In Memorium card on the Facebook page. After a bit of research, we have uncovered the story of Flica Wareham and Wendy has been in touch with her 3x great grandson!

flic_wareham.jpg

Life and times of Flica Wareham
The difficulties with tracing Felicia is the variety of variants of both first name and surname!! This snapshot of her life is a combination of personal research and information/leads on the Mckennan public tree on Ancestry

Baptism:
Felicia Holloway, daughter of Isaac Holloway & Nancy Jepson, baptised 7 Jan 1802 in Oldbury

Marriage 1:

Married Thomas Hartle 12 Aug 1821 at St Martin’s, Birmingham (both of the parish). They had six children together as far as I can see
marriage-1.jpg (parish record)​

Thomas Hartle buried St Martin’s 7 Jun 1835, age 35. Living in Suffolk Street at the time.
hartle-burial.jpg (parish record)​

Marriage 2:
William Wareum married Felicia Hartol (widow) on 7 Dec 1836)
marriage-2.jpg (from FreeReg)​
Baptism of first child of Wiliam & Felicia: Selina, 5 Nov 1837 in Oldbury. Parents are Felicia Wearman & William

1841 census:
Court 11 Suffolk Street
Enumerated as Felicia Wolram, 35.
Other occupants were: William Wolram, 30, Labourer
Cornelia 3 [Selina]
James Hartle, 15
Issac Hartle, 15
Elizabeth Hartle, 10
Sarah Hartle, 10
Mary Holloway, 15
[in addition to these children, Thomas & Felicia, also had Thomas (1821) and Nancy (1822)]​

1851 census:
1 Court 11 Suffolk Street
William Wareham 41, Coal heaver
Letetia Wareham 48
Selina Wareham 13
Louisa Wareham 8​

1861 census: 7 Norfolk Street
William Wareham, 51, Coal heaver
Felicia H Wareham, 59 [did she keep the H for Holloway or Hartle?]
Laura, 19 [presumably Louisa]​

1871 census: 7 Norfolk Street
Felecia Wareham, widow [ William died Q1 1865, Birmingham 6d 39]
Mary Ann Wareham (grand-daughter) 15
George Roberts (grandson) 13​

1881 census: 7 Norfolk Street, St Thomas
Fliva Wareham, widow, housekeeper, domestic
Selina Day, daughter
Laura ? grand-daughter
Emma ? great-grand-daughter
Sarah Day, grand-daughter
Selina ? grand-daughter​

1891 census: 279 Icknield Port Road, Ladywood
Charles Morton/Martin
Louisa Morton/Martin
Flich Washam, mother-in-law, 92, living on charity​

Death: Q1 1892, age 92, Birmingham 6d 20 (12[SUP]th[/SUP] March 1892)
Burial: Warstone Lane, Birmingham, March 16[SUP]th[/SUP] 1892. Felicity Wareham was buried in grave P1940 in Warstone Lane. There is no memorial inscription recorded. This is a public grave in section P, close to the boundary with the Mint.

Felicia and her family appear on the public tree in Ancestry:

Last edited:
I have now made contact with two member's of the family Les, and sent copies of the memorial card. I will give details of your research as well.

Had a lovely reply from both family members I did tell them the help Les had given me to find them. This was one of yhr replies.

Thank you so much. My husband is delighted to find out where his 3xgreat grandmother is buried. She is his longest living relative and brought up his great grandfather, George Roberts after his parents died.
Best wishes
Kathryn

P1030908.jpg section-p-1940.jpg

I called in at Warstone Lane on Thursday and took a couple of photos that help identify where the public grave is.

The flat stone on the photograph is P1892, coloured pink on the attached plan.
The public grave P1940 (coloured red on the attached plan) is approximately where I have placed the paper in the photo. The public graves in this area are not clearly defined.

Back