• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rose and Crown painting

cookie273uk

master brummie
Painting of Rose and Crown pub, Hingeston Street circa 1960, painted for a respected Forum member, presume pub no longer around. Educated guess re colours as source was black and white picCrown and Cusion Hingeston St 1960.JPG Eric

Last edited:
eric thats wonderful thank you so much. the one of that you bought over to me the other day of the globe inn where dad was born will be hung up in the morning in his honour as it is a year ago tomorrow since i lost my dear dad...

thanks again eric you are a star...

lyn x

Last edited by a moderator:
eric ive just noticed the title of thead..it should be the rose and crown...easy mistake to make..

could one of our mods please alter the thread title please..many thanks

lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Bernard for correcting pub name. Don't know how I got mixed up with Crown and cushion, put it down to age !!! Eric

Lyn,I have actually been in this pub just before I was married in 1951, went with my prospective father-in-law. I do not remember it but Edna my sister in law who has a better memory than me told me so after seeing painting. Apparently he was born and lived in a back to back around that area and knew the pub well. Its a small world. Eric

Lyn,I have actually been in this pub just before I was married in 1951, went with my prospective father-in-law. I do not remember it but Edna my sister in law who has a better memory than me told me so after seeing painting. Apparently he was born and lived in a back to back around that area and knew the pub well. Its a small world. Eric

well it is a small world eric...well done edna for remembering...i have now hung up the painting and it looks wonderful..

lyn

Back