• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How to find a person in Canada?

rowan

Born a Brummie
Can anyone tell me how to go about tracing an old friend in Canada please?

I used to write to her in 1958 as a penfriend but in the late 60's I moved house and we lost touch, sadly.

In clearing out some old boxes I came across a couple of old letters and it arroused my curiosity as to how she and her family are today.

I think we have all been there, where life has got in the way and only when we are much older do we have the time to "wonder what happened to..........."

I would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction please.

If its not too common a name Rowan, then its definitely worth looking in the telephone directory. https://www.canada411.ca/ is one source, but i think there are others. I was told that I had a sister in Canada, and her name, but the person said they would have to check back with her before giving her address (quite reasonably). I looked on the net and the address and number came up straight away (understandably i was keen ). It would depend on the name not being Tom Jones or something else quite common
Mike

Hi Rowan: The link that Mike gave is a good place to start. The thing is with females is that it is hard to trace them since they marry and change their surnames. Which city did your penfriend live in and about how old would she have been in 1958?

Back