• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

FLAHERTY, HUSSEY (also kennedy & Jukes)

Sue.Bham

Brummie babby
I am new to this site and found it through CC's Brummagem which I subscribed to after seeing a copy on my parents coffee table! Im a member for life now :). My family born and bred in Birmingham at least 3 generations back and then Ireland (Roscommon/Galway) so here i am looking for any links/memories/photos of my family:

(PATERNAL SIDE): My grandmothers name was Florence HUSSEY (1902 - 1978) and was one of six children. She married Thomas Flaherty on 22nd Nov 1922 in Aston. Her parents were Annie Joseph and William Hussey-married in 1898. She lived in New Summer Street in 1911 . Husseys lived at:New Summer Street, lench Street,Lancaster Street,Sheep Street, Lister Street,Staniforth Street,Greens Village, beak Street ( & half siblings in Woolwich, Kent).

My grandfather Thomas FLAHERTY(1900-1969) born in Vicarage Road, Aston and later moved to Aston lane. They had 8 children from 1923-1945 (Eileen,thomas, Winifred, Jean, Patricia, Dennis-MY FATHER, John & Christopher). They grew up in Chipstead Road, Erdington and were schooled at The Abbey.
The Flahertys have lived at; Bridge Street West, New Summer Street,New Spring Street, Chipstead Road, Aston Lane, Vicarage road,

(MATERNAL SIDE): KENNEDY research for my Grandfather (Leonard Patrick Kennedy 1912-1994), Born in Loveday Maternity Hospital. His parents were John T Kennedy (1879-1944) & Emma Turner (1878-1953). Married & lived in Aston. They had 6 children:Joseph, Herbert, John, Catherine, Leonard, William. The Kennedys Lived at:Witton Road, Westwood Road, Sheep Street,Weaman Street,Woodcock Street,John Street,Moor Street,Coleshill Street,

JUKES research for my grandmother Ethel JUKES (1919-1944 died after giving birth to my mother), born in Weston Street, married in 1940. her father was George Henry JUKES (1890-1955) married to Ethel L SPURRIER(1899-1966). JUKES family have lived at: Westwood Road, Weston Street, Thimble Mill lane,Village Road, Lennox Street, Lawley Street,

Any help or links greatly appreciated.

Sue Flaherty
(Now living in Northampton - Born in Birmingham)

I can't believe I posted this nearly 13years ago. My father has recently passed away so I'm pushing forward again with research.

hi sue its best if you have a seperate thread for each surname otherwise the info you may get from members will all get mixed up so start with a new thread for say the husseys let us know what info you are looking for and hopefully we can help

lyn

Back