• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Book: Summer Lane & Newtown of the years 1918-38 by Mannion

Oh no I’m unsure, my uncle said it was called something summer lane , his memory isn’t great
ok jodie but i doubt it was the one i have as its more about the pubs but tomorrow i will have a look through it just in case

lyn

A walk down Summer Lane ?

A walk down Summer Lane ?

viv i do have 2 copies of that book as well so i will also look through that one as it could be more likely jodies grandad gets a mention

lyn

yes my son has just said the same thing mike...be interesting to see if the book does sell..i also have in my possession for safe keeping a folder full of pauline manions original research she made into the making of this book in the 1980s...it contains letters from most breweries...many hand written letters full of memories from people who lived in the area and copies of photos they sent in..maps...also newspaper cuttings one is of the summer lane reunion in the 1980s taken outside the stag pub summer lane...i really must find time to go through the folder and have a proper read..

hi shelly as i said earlier i actually own a copy of the book...bit busy at the min so tonight i will settle down and read through it in search of your nans uncle

lyn

Lyn

I've seen a post on Facebook today from someone who would like permission to use Pauline's work in a book he is writing; he will make sure that his use of it is acknowledged in his book.

Would you be able to put him in touch with a member of Pauline's family, if he got in touch with you, please?

Back