• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birds Eye View of King Edwards Aston

This looks to be about 1964. The 'new ' building next to the park is in place, and the Terrapin Hut temporary classroom is still in the playground. I was there then. Now it has further blocks that enclose Frederick Road and close off the Albert Road open side.

I actually flew the light plane from which this photo was taken by my fellow pupil B. Newman. Your estimate was close: it was in 1965, about a year after the new building was put up. The picture was taken for an article in the school magazine of that year. I recall that the weather/visibility was quite poor, hence the rather grainy quality. Some pupils in the playground knew what we were doing and many were waving as we flew over.

The times I walked past that school on my way to music lessons in Bevington road. Brings back memories. bye. Jean.

Back