• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Young AVINGTON

John Young

master brummie
Hi Folks, an Unusual middle name of AVINGTON look up please

Have my GGgrandfathers Bro Ernest Avington YOUNG b 7th Oct 1893
& on 1901 Father Charles Young ,Mom Harriet (BUTLER) living at
304 Lichfield Rd Aston Manor "The Gate" off licence/brewery (Hic)

Just no trace after this? Any suggestions welcomed, Thanx John :?: :lol:

Hi Folks, an Unusual middle name of AVINGTON look up please

Have my GGgrandfathers Bro Ernest Avington YOUNG b 7th Oct 1893
& on 1901 Father Charles Young ,Mom Harriet (BUTLER) living at
304 Lichfield Rd Aston Manor "The Gate" off licence/brewery (Hic)

Just no trace after this? Any suggestions welcomed, Thanx John :?: :lol:

Hi John, Ernest Avington Young married my gt Grandmothers niece Elsie Jelfs of Kings Norton Birmingham. They had a daughter in 1932 Doreen M.

Are you still researching and do you know where the Avington comes from?
Kindest regards, Suzie

1911 census shows Ernest Young and Mother Harriet (widowed) + Emily Butler (sister to Harriet) living 30 Chain Walk Lozells. Emily is listed as a dressmaker, Ernest just says "warehouse".
1922 electoral roll shows Ernest, Harriet and Emily Butler at 47 Potters Lane.
1935 online electoral roll lists Ernest Avington Young at 2 Theresa Road with Elsie Young (Jelfs? from above post), Harriet Young and Emily Butler. In 1939 Emily is missing.

Janice

1911 census shows Ernest Young and Mother Harriet (widowed) + Emily Butler (sister to Harriet) living 30 Chain Walk Lozells. Emily is listed as a dressmaker, Ernest just says "warehouse".
1922 electoral roll shows Ernest, Harriet and Emily Butler at 47 Potters Lane.
1935 online electoral roll lists Ernest Avington Young at 2 Theresa Road with Elsie Young (Jelfs? from above post), Harriet Young and Emily Butler. In 1939 Emily is missing.

Janice

Hi Janice, thank you so much for this
icon7.png
kindest regards, Suzie

Hi John, Ernest Avington Young married my gt Grandmothers niece Elsie Jelfs of Kings Norton Birmingham. They had a daughter in 1932 Doreen M.

Are you still researching and do you know where the Avington comes from?
Kindest regards, Suzie

Hi Suzie. Doreen M (for Margaret) is my (now deceased) mother who married Albert John Phillips in 1952. I'm busy researching my family and would like to see whereabouts you fit in because Elsie Jelfs is my grand-mother. I've already been in touch with John (the original poster) as we are cousins who have never met yet we only ever lived about 8 miles from each other. Regards, Paul.

Back