• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Worth Frederick death please

lynne webb

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Could someone kindly look for the death of Frederick Worth please. All I know about him is that he married in 1913 and his 'widow' married again in 1919 so i guess he died between those years. I've tried Freebmd but nothing comes up. I thought maybe he was a war casualty but I cant find him there either.
Thank you,
Lynne.

Re: Frederick Worth death please

could this be him :
Frederick Worth Birth Place: Birmingham Death Date: 25 Jul 1917 Death Location: France & Flanders Enlistment Location: Birmingham Rank: Private Regiment: Worcestershire Regiment Battalion: 3rd Battalion Number: 8770 Type of Casualty: Died of wounds Theatre of War: Western European Theatre

from cwgc site:
WORTH Initials: F Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Private Regiment/Service: Worcestershire Regiment Unit Text: 3rd Bn. Date of Death: 25/07/1917 Service No: 8770 Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: XVI. H. 3A. Cemetery: LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY

Thanks so much Mike, thats him, I couldnt find him anywhere, you all make it seem so easy.
Thanks again.
Lynne.

Could someone kindly look for the death of Frederick Worth please. All I know about him is that he married in 1913 and his 'widow' married again in 1919 so i guess he died between those years. I've tried Freebmd but nothing comes up. I thought maybe he was a war casualty but I cant find him there either.
Thank you,
Lynne.
Hi Lynne, Frederick Worth was my grandmothers first husband. (Agnes Murphy) He was killed in France in 1917 whilst serving with 3rd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment. I believe they had a son called Frederick who was born in 1914 but sadly died a year later.
Agnes married again in 1919 and had a further 9 children. My mum , Joan Cox was born in 1932 in Bagot Street and is the last surviving sibling.
Are you related to mum’s aunt Cate (Murphy) who married Samuel Webb?
Mark

Back