• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Work it from the Ancestors!!

negritaspider

TunisianBrummie
This is just in case anyone else gets stuck :cry:

I came to a halt in c1800 with both my grandparents on my Brum fathers side - except for one small link.
I am now back in the 13th century - working forwards, as that is the only way I will refind the connections!!
My Horton grandmother had a predecessor named Prestidge - that family goes back to the domesday book......so that is where I have gone back too!!
Remember families tended to inter marry.....
As I am retracing their line, and have in the 14th century found a Prestidge that married a Horton (working on it :cry::D)
and in 16th century a Warren, from Asheton, from prestwich (c1270) which just so happenes to be another Horton link (my cousin is a Warren)

So, all I'm saying, is keep all the names you find noted somewhere - they are sure to come up again :biggrin:

Your are Lucky , Negritaspider, i'm stuck with my grandfather, on 1891 census he's a lodger at his future wifes home, place of birth Staffordshire . On their wedding certificate, he states father as named John, with these details in mind i sent for a birth certificate, but it appears to be to be the wrong one, wrong fathers name. I suspect somewhere along the way granddaddy told a little white lie, so i am well and truly stuck. :redface:

Don't ge downhearted....!
I still have the other side of the family where i am getting nowhere!!:redface:

We all get there eventually!! ;)

Back