• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Winter Paintings

cookie273uk

master brummie
somewhere in the Cotswolds ( I have no idea where). Winter is one of my favourite subjects. Will put it our next raffle. EricWinter in the Cotswolds.jpg

Great picture Eric - a wonderful talent. One of my sons is a great artist and so is one of my granddaughters. Ah! yes, the Cotswolds, 'Preposition Country'. They are on high ground so they do get snow often, not like here when it is every decade or so.

I can tell its a favourite subject Eric. Yet again, I love the way you've captured the winter sunshine. Viv.

Pedrocut, at 87 YO I am way past braving the cold ! but I have over 12 sketch books containing sketches drawn over the last 40 years most of them containing colour notes plus literally 100's of photos I have taken or other people have taken (these I alter somewhat to avoid copyright infringement or make a summer pic a winter painting and visa versa). This particular painting was a downloaded pic which I have slightly altered and made it a bit more 'wintery'. I sometimes use members pics which appeal to me, usually Birmingham scenes and acknowledge the fact and make no commercial gain. There are a couple of Galleries who I occasionally paint commissions for but these are strictly my own work, this is the result of my 19 years as a member of the BWS (Birmingham Watercolour Society). Basically I just love painting. This particular painting will go in our next 'meet' raffle with 3 others. Eric

87 and still painting great scenes and memories. I'm only 79 and looking foreword to painting the house, but first I have to replace a few weatherboards.
Each to their own as they say !
Cheers Tim Ps. Keep up the good work !

Pedrocut, at 87 YO I am way past braving the cold ! but I have over 12 sketch books containing sketches drawn over the last 40 years most of them containing colour notes plus literally 100's of photos I have taken or other people have taken (these I alter somewhat to avoid copyright infringement or make a summer pic a winter painting and visa versa). This particular painting was a downloaded pic which I have slightly altered and made it a bit more 'wintery'. I sometimes use members pics which appeal to me, usually Birmingham scenes and acknowledge the fact and make no commercial gain. There are a couple of Galleries who I occasionally paint commissions for but these are strictly my own work, this is the result of my 19 years as a member of the BWS (Birmingham Watercolour Society). Basically I just love painting. This particular painting will go in our next 'meet' raffle with 3 others. Eric
Eric I wish I had stuck at it. But now my arthritis is bad BUT love everything that you do. Great stuff!!!

oldbrit I have a bit of arthritis in my right hand, fortunately I am left handed so no problem with painting !!

Back