• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Winson Green Prison in 1911

sarunte43

master brummie
Anyone with suggestions how to find information about a prisoner "Luther Charles" who appears to have been in prison in Birmingham in 1911..He was born in 1886 at Pelsall/Cradley Heath and was a coal miner prior to his sentence.
If anyone knows how to access his records of offence, etc.
Thank you
SR

Sarunte43, I'm sorry but I do not know how to access his records but I did find a newspaper article from 1900 by using my library card to access the newspaper archives, which I believe may refer to Luther and his brother Joseph...I can let you have the details if you would like them. Also there are 2 articles from newspapers about the case you refer to on the British Newspaper Archives, but those are pay to view.
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1910-01-01/1919-12-31?basicsearch=luther%20charles&anysearch=luther%20charles&frontpage=false

Back