• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

which church....

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...up until now ive not been able to find any old family graves to visit but i have found out that my gt gt gt grandad henry harrington b 1812 was buried on 18.12.1869 in aston..my problem is where in aston...could anyone please point me in the right direction as to trying to find out at what church he is buried at...his last address on the 1861 census is frances road..duddeston

many thanks for any help as i would love to find out if he had a headstone or not...

lyn.

Hi Lyn that I think it should be Francis St (Phil lived there for a time )The nearest two churches would be St Mathews which is still there and St James (bombed out in the war but still has a few head stones lying around where the churchyard used to be. Dek

hi dek..thanks for that..yes i agree its down as frances st but should have read francis st....are both of these churches in the aston area..

lyn.

Duddeston, Nechells where in Aston till 1911 when they were taken over by Birmingham City council

thanks john and dek..chances are its one of the two churches mentioned then...knowing my luck the one that was bombed out...

lyn

Back