• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Warwick family.

Bronson

knowlegable brummie
Trying to trace any known where abouts of this family. My mother was Joan Warwick, I know the they were a large family who lived in Studley St, Sparkbrook.

HI Bronson
I Do not know if this is any help to you but may be a kick off for some one to trace for you
I know of a william and kate warick or should i say i knew them that being sadley they have since died
William died way back in the seventys he was an little man in stature along with kate but she was slightly
than billy , meaning william , kate was gettingon in age anda good old age she was she died about
The mid Eigtys and they lived in forth Avenue selly park they was a nice couple and they had two sons
the one lad is name is john whom still lives in his mother and fathers house john is getting on in age now
I Knew this family from young age
william styarted his carreer as an electricans mate and he worked at the birmingham thearter and Hippodrome
for all his life he endend up a chiefe electrician for the thearter world and katie in her younger days
was a stage dancer at the birmingham thearters around brum and the Aston hipp my mother and grand mother
was also in the same dance troupe kate also done a little acting at the theartert she had shown me her past
when she was on stage william became veryu well known man he was a great charactor
I cannot say where they come from for certain as our conversation is going back at least fifty years ago
but as i said william may be a start the other son of william did have some kind of bussiness running
ome think to do with car racing tracks In never used to see him regular but john yes quite often at home
he still lives in selly park today tha i am sure
on the subject of william and kate they lived there before the war years or just after so any registration of most years listing they would probaly be on I hope this may be the Openning you are looking for ,
Best of Luck Astonian,, Alan,,

Thank you for your reply . A lot of information I need to kick off with got destroyed in a house fire at my brothers house. I do know of one of my uncle's who started a building company ( Warick builders ) he also owned The Tysley picture house at one time, I shall start using my library card and get access to Ancestry. Thank you for you help I feel sure these names will appear again somewhere along the line.

Hi Bronson
My Pleasure I do have to say seeing what you put about the tsyley picture house
I do beleive in my heart that kate did mention about the tysley picture house to me one day
when we was discussing her pass and about billy , william ,
what made my ears ***** up with Attention was when on about the picture house i used to live down
along the main road from it many years ago and i turned to her and told her how eventualy it closed down
and at one point in time it became some think of an asian picture house but never survived for some reason
i am ofcourse speaking of the late fifty i think many many moons gone bye and never openened up again
because she surprized me of her speaking about it may be that was the connection to william being
the cini operator for the films as he would have been young in those days and ofcourse apprentice mate
oportunity for films and entertainment and stage hand came along for him
she most definately mentioned the tyseley picture house
thats why i think some where along the line he could be a one of the missing links within your tree
i will follow you on this one Iam sorry i can not come up with any birth dates on this on
but iam sure they do fall into around the dates you are mentioning good luck thanks for replying
Astonian,,,,, Alan,,,,

Thanks again, just a quick last point. I was born on Albion Road in Greet, my uncle used to pass me as he went to work in his Rolls Royce, through all weather's as I walked to Formans road not once did I get a lift, but I did get a beep on the horn and a wave. Thanks again I shall start my search asap.

Bronson, I have put info on your other thread in response to Mikegees excellent info provided.

I cannot find in any records a Joan Warwick who had a brother William so perhaps as so often in those days he was an honorary uncle perhaps a cousin of your mothers(we called all grown ups uncle or aunt in those days, no using christian names for grown ups)

I believe that the William Warwick who had the building firm was possibly William b 1898 he was the son of William Warwick and Kate nee Cadby.
in 1911 they lived at 287 Highgate Rd but when William enlisted in 1917 his next of kin was Kate and their address given as 21 Studley street.
I believe that william snr may have died in 1917 nad Kate died in 1952.

William had no sister Joan but there is a Joan E Warwick born 1919 whose family lived Studley street,

in 1911 living at 29 Queen Street Balsall Heath but in further electoral rolls(provided by Mikegee on other thread they lived at 14 Studley Street.

Charles Warwick age 40
Harriet nee Hampton
Sarah 16
Winnie 12
charles 5
Hubert 3
Beatrice 1 month
further children after 1911
Edith M 1913
Kathleen j 1915
Joan E 1919

I have more info but I can only give it by private message as the people may be living but I am unable to do this because you haven't set your profile to accept messages.

Last edited:
You are a star. I know every name on that list. I have a photo of Joan and Kathleen taken with Carl Chinn. I will adjust my settings accordingly. Again this is a wonderful start.

Charles Henry Warwick born 1871 father Henry
married
Harriet Hampton born 1873 father william
17th April 1892 at Holy Trinity, Bordesley Green.

Back