• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WARE Frances

jumper

Brummie babby
Trying to find my g/g grandmother Frances Ware who was born about 1818-19 but not sure if she originally came from the Birmingham and/or Warwickshire areas but her marriage to William Ward took place at St Martin, Birmingham on 3 Nov 1841 and their daughter Frances Jane Ward was born in Birmingham on 10 Oct 1849 and baptised on 10 Nov 1850 at St Thomas, Birmingham. The only baptism I can find for a Ware born around that time and in Birmingham was for a Sarah Ware baptised at St Martin, Birmingham on 3 April 1820 and her parents were William and Elizabeth Ware - maybe a sibling to Frances??? The only other birth/baptism records I could find with the name Frances Ware took place in other counties? ( I am from NZ but now live in Australia and not sure if counties is the correct word) - for example Cannock Stafford; East Lavant Sussex; All Saints Hereford. Frances and her family emigrated to Wellington, New Zealand from Liverpool in 1856. Hoping someone can help work out where I can find more about the Ware family and if born in the Birmingham/Warwickshire areas. Apart from the marriage information and birth of daughter information I got little bits of info from Frances's husbands NZ death certificate and that was when I found out her maiden name. Thanking you in advance if able to help at all. Cheers and Kind Regards

On her marriage record is gives the Father as Gustavus and that family is on the 1841 census in Aston a part of Birmingham.

Frances Ware marriage.jpgFrances Ware 1841.jpg
The name Gustavus appears in the baptism (2nd April 1821) for a Frances born at Cannock in Stafford - not too far from Birmingham. It is index only on the site I used.

Janice

Thank you so very much for that. I cannot understand how I could not find the wedding reg on the ancestry site as I went through all the wedding indexes. The one you have found is great as it gives more info. Thank you again Janice. I will definitely add all to my tree. I guess now I will go and find out who is the mother of William Ward. I will have another look at the saved stuff I have for William Ward baptisms and 'play' around with names and if I get nowhere I will come back and post for William Ward. Some of my husband's side of the family come from Birmingham way and one of them has the surname Woodiwis who married a Johnston. Will give that a go as well. Cheers and Thanks Heaps, Judy

Back