• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Walter Harrison Pte Documents Found

excellent story..the forum got 2 mentions and a screen shot of our main page which of course is not necessary but it is nice to be appreciated always said that this forum and its members do not just talk we actually do make a difference to keeping the history of birmingham alive especially when it comes to making sure we never forget the countless lives lost fighting for this country..well done to everyone who helped make this story happen:)

lyn

thanks all just managed to watch it myself! I thought Andy for ITV did a brilliant job, i especially liked the family tree he did. I'm so happy it has come to end and hopefully it made a few people smile. Thanks again all for your help i hope to not turn into a stranger as i keep reading through the forums! A lot to get through you lot dont half keep busy!

hello phil keeping busy keeps us sane...well almost:D yes please stay with us when you have time and dont forget we have another forum meet up on sat the 23rd of june at the bull pub loveday st/price st...midday kick off...be great to meet you in person...

lyn

thanks all just managed to watch it myself! I thought Andy for ITV did a brilliant job, i especially liked the family tree he did. I'm so happy it has come to end and hopefully it made a few people smile. Thanks again all for your help i hope to not turn into a stranger as i keep reading through the forums! A lot to get through you lot dont half keep busy!

Hi Phil,
I was amazed to see my old house on 'The News'.
I lived next door to Dora from 1974 to 1984. It is incredible what gets lost from view!
I take a keen interest in family history these days so I found this story fascinating.
Well done!

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Peter. Thanks for posting. I'm sure Phil and Valerie will be pleased to see your comment - I think other members will be too. And many of us on here have started off from a family history interest, so you're in good company. Viv.

hi jukebox hoping to get the drop down box to the report.. so as soon as i have it i will post the link on here

lyn

Last edited:
Back