• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vehicle Tax

jukebox

Engineer Brummie
Received a letter from the DVLA this morning titled Last Chance Reminder, pointing out that my car tax was due on 1st August. I certainly hadn't had a reminder before today so have they stopped sending them? I paid online immediately and then received confirmation by email that they had received my payment. As I hadn't given them my email address when I paid it must be in their records so they could also have sent a reminder by email.
Next payment due date now on my calendar. End of moan!

Last Chance Reminder
Sounds like the title for a western. What happens when you don't pay ? Do they sent a posse for you.

I suppose you can rest easy that they didn't take it directly from your bank account, 1 month in advance. :mad:

I think that somewhere in a box, I still have my first tax disc from my first car. You don't have tax discs now do you ?

Don't have car tax here, (sounds a bit smug because it is). On the other hand, there are other car things that make up for it.

Andrew.

Sounds like the title for a western. What happens when you don't pay ? Do they sent a posse for you.

I suppose you can rest easy that they didn't take it directly from your bank account, 1 month in advance. :mad:

I think that somewhere in a box, I still have my first tax disc from my first car. You don't have tax discs now do you ?

Don't have car tax here, (sounds a bit smug because it is). On the other hand, there are other car things that make up for it.

Andrew.
yes the law will be after you

Andrew.
There always are "other things." They get you one way or another :)

I have a vehicle that is tax exempt. It is electrically operated and VAT was excluded when purchased. It has a registration plate (WM21xxx) but only does 4 mph. on footpaths or 8 mph on roads. The EU allows up to 15 mph.
The best place for this type of vehicle is The Netherlands where they have a great number of cycle lanes and is suitable for my type of vehicle, both in town and country. And of course The Netherlands is, in the main, a very flat country.
The UK has a long way to go to equal them.
The DVLA automatically sends a confirmation of its status each April.

my tractors and my car are free tax but i still have to go through the process online of taxing them

I believed we were talking licence plate stickers. We use to refer to as tax disc that you displayed on your windshield. I am in Ontario, Canada
Dave A
Yes, that’s what I am talking about. So rare to have campaign promises kept! We do well at the state level in TN

Hi,

My daughter has a Peugeot 308, with a 1200 3 cylinder engine which goes like the proverbial. Tax is £20 per year.
I have a 2003 Volvo V40 with a 1.8 engine. I have just had a renewal reminder, - it will cost me £200 for 6 months.
Never mind!

Kind regards
Dave

I've not paid UK road tax since 2010, my second and current hybrid vehicle reg 2016 was the last year hybrids were exempt from road tax

Back