• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Vale Onslow Building Stratford Rd

The trouble is that the acolytes take no notice of health or safety, walking round with their candles.
Those regulations do apply to churches and also where insurance policies are concerned. The placing of candles, the age of young people permitted to carry them plus candles - for any purpose - being left to burn when no one is present.

Last edited:
It is good to see that the Church takes notice of the regulations. Now if only the Kensington and Chelsea Council had had the same attitude...

Lots of broken hearted old bikers about , but some people are smiling (and rubbing their hands in glee) :mad:

I guess it would have come down eventually anyway. It wasn't a preserved building and certainly would never have been a motorcycle shop again. Would probably have become a fast food joint, so at least were spared that. Or are we?

Saw this video for the first time today and wasn't aware that this had occured. I live up in Derbyshire now and make a point of not watching the news. Especially sad as I worked at Vale Onslows for many years. Many happy memories swept away.
just read the post,did not know till now,how sad.:joy::joy:all those hours i spent in the queue wating for parts.and was served by a woman with a fag hanging from here lip as she spoke. it is a wonder it did not happen back in the 70s. it a shame it has finally gone. it went down hill when bsa closed i think

Attachments

• len onslow.png
    len onslow.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
just read the post,did not know till now,how sad.:joy::joy:all those hours i spent in the queue wating for parts.and was served by a woman with a fag hanging from here lip as she spoke. it is a wonder it did not happen back in the 70s. it a shame it has finally gone. it went down hill when bsa closed i think
That would have been Mrs. Vale-Onslow - who we addressed affectionatley as "Mrs" - wife of old Len Vale-Onslow. Can't remember ever having seen her without a fag in her mouth in all the time I worked there.

That would have been Mrs. Vale-Onslow - who we addressed affectionatley as "Mrs" - wife of old Len Vale-Onslow. Can't remember ever having seen her without a fag in her mouth in all the time I worked there.
ta for reply. she knew her job.she would vanish then come back with what you wanted,9 times out of 10.coughing.and ash falling. lol

Back