• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Uplands Cemetry, Smethwick

c.kember

knowlegable brummie
My family (Edith and William Henry Blackstaffe) were buried in Plot number 6, section A534 of Uplands Cemetery, Smethwick and I would love a photograph of the grave but Have difficulty travelling atm.

If anyone is visiting the cemetery and could take a photograph for me I would truly appreciate it.

my email is:

Email Removed - please contact via IM (Instant Message).

with kind regards and best wishes

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris,
I've put a post on your other thread. (It is'nt wise to put your email address on view)
I hope someone can find the grave for you,
rosie.

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for your message on here and on my other post regarding the grave in Uplands Cemetery.

It seems a real shame that grave stones have been removed, perhaps they were unstable and posed a danger? My relative was buried there in 1947 and her husband shortly before.

I wonder if there are any memorial inscriptions for those that were removed at the Smethwick Archive Centre, I will try giving them a call

Kind regards

Chris

Chris let us know how you get on. Hopefully if there are inscriptions I may be able to visit and take some photo's.

Hi,

I've been in touch with the Smethwick Archives and Sandwell Council and they dont hold any Memorial Inscriptions for the Uplands Cemetery sadly.

They did however say that the grave's in the section i'm looknig at should be intact, and that any stones that were unstable were layed flat so fingers crossed that my relatives stone is still there. I would truly appreciate you having a look if anyone is visiting the cemetery.

I have a map of the plot if that helps.

Kind regards

Chris

Back