• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tracing a photo

T

teh

Can anyone help me - my Dad was in the royal artillery from 1957 to 1960 and was photographed with the Queen (in 1957 i think). The photo was published in a newspaper but he does not have a copy. is there any way i can find out when this photo was taken and get a copy of it for him.

Thank you Ger22van, i have contacted firepower and they will do a three hour search for £41.00 which isnt bad if they manage to find the picture - no refund if they dont though.

Also got a phone number for the other site you told me about and will give them a call tomorrow.

teh. I really hope you find what you are looking for, not too good when they charge for negative results.

hi Teh if you know your dads R.A regiment and camp or even division when requesting information might help trigger someones memory if you know this information have you tried Google for a general search most regiments have some old comrades sites best of luck

33bus:)
tom

Thanks 33bus, i dont really know that info and dont want to ask him incase he suspects what i am doing. I have his army book but it doesnt give this info. Thanks anyway.

Back