• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

to a friend

gingerjon

master brummie
What is a friend
People come into your life and quickly leave
Other people become friends and stay awhile
There are the ones you can always believe
While others want put on a test or trial
Try very hard to make a good friend
Some one who will stay with you to the end
With a friend you feel this from the start
Which leaves warmth and joy in your heart
This life is special; live it's every moment
With a good friend you can be content
Life is special live and savior every day
At the end of every day hold your hands and pray
Friendship is a special gift to give for free
This is the bond between you and me

Words that are so very true. Thanks for posting them John.
Missed your poems very much. Happy Easter.

Yes, John what you say is true. A great write, one can tell it was written from the heart. . .

However, there are times when friends do hurt us, in one way or another, without really meaning to, and that makes us human. . . . But for those who choose to be false friends, well, when you spot one what better course to take than rid yourself of 'toxic elements' that can do more harm than good. . .

Found this in my collection of quotes:

Choose your friend wisely
Test your friend well:
True friends like the rarest gems
Prove hard to tell
Winter him, summer him,
Know your friend well. Unknown

Very nice John, and very true.
A true friend to me is someone you don't always see or hear from very often but you know they are there. When you do get together it is as though the last time was only yesterday.:)Mo

John, how true are thse few words?. I know a large number of people most of whom are just aquaintances, a few of them would consider themselves to be my friends, but I know which ones are true friends. They are the ones who phone me because we haven't been in touch for a few weeks. The same ones who I could call in an emergency at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are lovely words john....thank you for sharing them with us....

lyn:)

John - Sometimes the soul knows more than the mind. A friendship that will soon blossom into something divinely wonderful...

Back