• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Theodore Street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...just wondered if anyone has pics of theodore st..aston please..im struggling..cant find a single one up to now....

many thanks...

lyn

Here you are Lyn just for your perseverance
Replacement photo .

Theadore%20Street%20N.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bless you john..well i didnt know that there was a sally army there

thank you

lyn

This is really interesting to me - I've joined the forum to see this picture! My great grandparents were married at St Stephens in 1877, which I think is this little church before it became a Salvation army mission hall. They both gave their address as Theodore street, but it doesn't exist any more so I was interested to find out where it was.

Chrissie, I think you are mistaken St. Stephen's Church was in Newtown Row, but just a stone's throw from Theodore Street. If you put St. Stephens Church in the search engine you may be lucky enough to find a photo.

Hi, I lived in Theodore Street up until 1960, the Clarke family, Number 1 back of 72....and would really like a picture, I don't seem to be able to open the one already posted - I just get a blank page - can anyone help?
thanks
Sandie....

Hi, did you ever manage to get a photo of Theodore street? My dad was born there in 46 and would love to see a picture. I can’t seem to get one anywhere

hello sam that was one of the photos we lost when the forum was hacked...we are slowly trying to repost them its a big task as we lost about 66000 images...i will see if i still have that one and repost if i do...

lyn

hi sam i do have it but if you go to post 2 it has been replaced by another moderator...i will keep searching for anymore and post them here if i find any so keep in touch with the forum also check out the summer lane thread as it maybe of interest to your dad..

lyn

Back