• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Robinsons in Nechells

K

Kandor

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here, My Grandfather, Sam Robinson moved to Cromwell St in the 1920's from Water Orton, He actually owned a smallholding out there called 'Forge Mills', it was compulsary purchased off him to build Hams Hall power station (least that's the story that was handed down).
His sons were Reginald Robinson, Jack (my Father) Les, Samuel, David, Tony, and my only Aunt...Eva..They lived in Cromwell St, then my Dad moved up to 143 Ashted Row in 1956, while my Aunt Eva moved into Heneage St with my Grandad, Uncle David lived in Cato St and Tony lived at 6 Greenbank house..Hey!! I'm a great Plumber and Central Heating Engineer, I'm just lousy at Genealogy!
Thanks and have a good one...

I knew of Robinson's that lived in Lupin Street just before St Matthews School in the early 1950's. I think they lived next to a large opening where they kept a Greengrocers flat cart ( may be wronge about this bit ) I cannot remember any names but these would be found in Electrol Rolls or maybe Kelly's Directories.
Sorry l cannot be of more help.

Can't be us..if we'd had our own food cart I'd never have been so hungry all the time as a kid..
Must have been a rich branch of the Robinsons who hid away from us..

Thank you for the offer John but our lovely Chris (and many others Di, etc) have been brilliant supplying info on him

Just caught up with ya posting,I know quite a lot about Forge Mills Les as its just down the road and have a load of pics if ya still intrested in checking out the past

Back