• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The History of Your Home or Homes

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
To Start you off. My House was built in 1859 at the time it was Two one Bedroom Cottages for Farm Workers and their Families.

I knew the last Farm worker & his wife who had lived in one of the cottages Jack was the Farm woodman. Sadly Jack passed away last month, his Wife in the last 12 months.

The Two Cottages were converted into one Four Bedroom House in 1976 for a new Farm Manager.

Last edited:
Back