• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Dog that bit people..

P

Locomotive (band) - Wikipedia​

Formed in 1970, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom after the demise of the Norman Haines Band. Michael Hincks and Bob Lamb founded a new band and with the arrival of John Caswell and Keith Millar, The Dog That Bit People was born.They left the harder style of the Norman Haines Band behind and moved to mellower territories, with great melodies and a solid relaxed vibe. But some songs still rock and in case of 'Reptile Man', they got quite progressive. So the message is: the result is brilliant and this one must be a part of every collection!Their sole album has been released on Parlophone UK in 1971 and is one of the rarest items on this label today.

I can remember the band and also the Locomotive and the Norman Haines Band before them.
Bob Lamb then went on to being drummer with the original Steve Gibbons Band in the mid 70s of course.

Thanks folks - with respect I know all this, I was hoping that band members or family could tell more and how good this band was .

Hi all - I’m writing about Norman Haines and Locomotive and wondered whether anyone had contact details for his family at all or Bob Lamb perhaps? Thanks in advance.

Hi all - I’m writing about Norman Haines and Locomotive and wondered whether anyone had contact details for his family at all or Bob Lamb perhaps? Thanks in advance.
Bob Lamb is on Facebook if that's any help (he hasn't posted since 2018 though) ?

@Hindsight the other thing I can suggest if you're looking for information on Norman Haines is to try enquiring on the Birmingham Music Archive page on Facebook.

@Hindsight the other thing I can suggest if you're looking for information on Norman Haines is to try enquiring on the Birmingham Music Archive page on Facebook.
That’s really helpful - thanks.
@Hindsight the other thing I can suggest if you're looking for information on Norman Haines is to try enquiring on the Birmingham Music Archive page on Facebook
Thanks again. I’ll try that too. I managed to find a relative online too. Thanks for the help.

Back