• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

TEN MINUTE WRITES

K

Kate

In one of my writing class a few years ago we did 10 minute writes in class on topics given to us. This topic was "Please return my..."

I wrote this:

Dear Janet, I really must insist that you do the right thing by everyone before it is too late. You've had your own way for far too long. You know very well that Bob can't make a decision about anything. Just because we live next door is no excuse for you to steal my husband! You've had him in there now for 2 weeks, and he only popped in for a cup of tea! You can't keep your doors locked forever, you know, and the mailbox is overflowing! You've disconnected your phone so I can't ring you and your windows are all boarded up. I'll have to push this note under your front door. I've tried yelling out to Bob at your bedroom window, but I know it's no use as he left his hearing aid at home. I don't know how you're surviving without shopping for food - Bob loves his bit of steak. Please return my husband immediately, Janet, or I'll never speak to you again.

:lol:

10 minute Stake

:shock: In flagrante style Mmmh :roll: Another Cracker Katie

If this Janet doesn,t slide Bob back under the door to you (Poor Man Eh)

Can I have his Steak while you give him a Stake :?: :D

STEAK OF THE WAY

JohnY I have posted your steak airmail express - hope it doesn't lose it's piquancy on the way!?

HAHA!... By the time you get it JY, it'll be like that stuff Dorothy told us was in the handbag. :lol:

Kate, I admire anyone who can write summat in 10 mins. It takes me that long to find the right end of me pencil. :(

Avatorium

8) Les me ol mate ,buddy pal, that Mare y Hellen has nicked my Avatart
How do I get it back :?: Sorry about the "Pinkie" :oops: Oh in the Bath,,mmmh can,t bathe cuz I just float on the top (Walks on Water :lol: ) Guess I am rare, au de skunke, but BEER cleanses If your pockets can get unstitched :roll:

Pigeons

This is a true story that had me in stitches last night.....I'm sorry if it doesnt make sense to non movies enthusiasts..but here we go

THE SCENE

My Lounge

THE DIALOGUE

'Do you fancy going out to the pictures tonight?' I asked

'Sure' Tony replied 'What do you fancy going to see?'

'There are a few I fancy at the moment, I'll phone the showcase cinema helpline and see what times the showings are, be right back.................'

From the hallway.................Tony can hear my voice getting louder and louder.......'pigeons!' he hears...........................quickly followed by........'PIGEONS!!' in a slightly louder tone.......then eventually.................'P I G E O N S!!!' in a somewhat louder and more assertive tone.

Tony enqires as to the problem.

'Its this voice activated showcase telephone thingy..........its asking me what film I want the details of, and its not recoginising my voice command' I explain, quite clearly frustrated by this time

'Hmmmmmm' said Tony, as he rubbed his chin..........'perhapes you should try saying 'Valiant?'

:oops:

Back