• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Taxi office [ yenton ]

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI guys
does anybody recall the taxi office at the yenton on the corner of chester rd erdington
my mother told me it was my auntie winns cousin her maiden name was
phelps and she lived in ford st hockley by the bus station
the taxi firm was called Z Cars any body know the surname of the owner
of that company , i sure would like to know more about them and what part of the tree they are
best wishes Astonian ;;;

Astonian i think i know where you mean it was in a row of about 5 shops on the corner of Chester Rd and Sutton Rd i believe it i still a taxi firm but not under that name if you get stuck you may find it on Google ,maybe they might no the name of the old owner. Dek

Something in the back of my mind is telling me it was owned by a bloke called Bob Carrol, during the early 70s and that it was later called Star Taxi's or Star Cabs.

Coulld be wrong tho !

Something in the back of my mind is telling me it was owned by a bloke called Bob Carrol, during the early 70s and that it was later called Star Taxi's or Star Cabs.

Coulld be wrong tho !

Yes it is Star. Must be the best Taxi company in Brum if not the country. I'm going by Star to the Stag's Head meet tomorrow.

hi guys
many thanks for all your info;dek i will try and do google for the owners name in that period
and thanks fat fingers for letting us know it,s now star ,
and frothy if you can remember could you try and pump some info; from your driver and asked about any history of the bussines ;like asking about previous owners name would really appreciate that if you gather info;
hope every body has a nice time at the eagle . i hope to make the next meeting
best wishes Astonian;;

The guy who has a caravan next door to us in Wales used to work for Star Taxi's.

Back