• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Talking pictures tv now has the red button!

izzy eckerslike

master brummie
One of my favourite channels is Talking pictures TV, as from today on Freeview channel 82 they have the red button for a load films etc! I think only BBC currently have the red button. Providing your TV is connected to the internet the red button brings up loads of Talking pictures films etc you may have missed on their original recent transmission.

Last edited:
I know the red button has started to be used in the UK. Sky UK previously used a video of a dog and a duck playing together and saying, "press the red button" to promote the red button among viewers. Pop Idol used the red button as a voting device. This feature also allows several different channels to be received about the event. Thereby allowing viewers to choose between events or sports matches that can take place simultaneously. I now watch TV shows through rooomba.tv. It is very convenient because I do not need additional buttons. Everything is much easier.

Last edited:
Back