• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Talk on WW2 at the BMI on 13/2

Ian Binnie

knowlegable brummie
A week or so ago I posted details of a talk I am doing on WW2 at the BMI on 13/2. I have since been told that the BMI makes a standard charge of £5 for al their talks. The talks are meant to be fund raisers for what is undoubtedly a very good organisation. They also like people to register on Eventbrite. Eventbrite charge a fee, so the actual cost is £6.13. This wasn't made clear to me at the time. The last talk I went to members of the public seemed to just walk in. However, I have redone the flyer. Please use this one for any publicity, you can give it. I am told people can pay on the door anyway. The new flyer contains the Eventbrite link. Apologies for any confusion.

Attachments

• NewBMIjpg.jpg
    NewBMIjpg.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 17
the time is on the flyer on post 1
Hi,
It is 1.00pm and there are lots of slides. I mistakenly put on the first post that it was a free talk. The host, BMI, charge £5.00 for non members. I was unaware of this when I sent out my publicity. You can pay on the door or use Eventbrite. The money goes to support the work of the BMI

Hi,
It is 1.00pm and there are lots of slides. I mistakenly put on the first post that it was a free talk. The host, BMI, charge £5.00 for non members. I was unaware of this when I sent out my publicity. You can pay on the door or use Eventbrite. The money goes to support the work of the BMI
Ian, if you intend to do another talk, Two Towers Brewery hold a number of events.

You would need to contact Mark, but I'm sure he and his staff would make you and your guests welcome.

Nick Phillips

I was looking forward to coming to this, but sadly have an appointment which means I will miss it.
Was hoping to hear the differance between Bomber Harris v Goring for "Effective" bombing tactics that worked?
Maybe catch a repeat some time?

Back