• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sycamore Road Aston

Lyn,

Yes, please as one of my DORMANs was living there at some stage. Thank you.

Maurice :cool:

ok folks will sort them out and post them sometime tomorrow..sorry john i missed your post..you should have given me a nudge

lyn

many apologies folks i cant believe i forgot to post these photos...better late than never...hover over them for the dates and in some cases which junction the road is at and some will also have the numbers on..enjoy

lyn
Sycamore Road - Church Lane  Aston 8-9-1969.jpgSycamore Road - Park Lane Aston 22-6-1967.jpgSycamore Road - Pugh Road Aston 27-4-1971.jpgSycamore Road - Vicarage Road Aston 27-4-1971 2.jpg

can i just add that sycamore road is still there and so is no 17..its the one with the mattresses in the garden on street view below

lyn

Hi Lyn, I'm attempting to put numbers to the houses, this is the first, some have the house numbers in the file name.

Attachments

• sycamore-rd-aston-1.jpg
    sycamore-rd-aston-1.jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 11
so which house do you think is 17 john...if its the far right one with no house next to it im not sure ...looking at todays view there are 2 houses next to no 17 and as shown on your map..i could be wrong but i think no 17 is the one with the mattresses in the front garden its also near a bend

lyn

so which house do you think is 17 john...if its the far right one with no house next to it im not sure ...looking at todays view there are 2 houses next to no 17 and as shown on your map..i could be wrong but i think no 17 is the one with the mattresses in the front garden its also near a bend

lyn
I think No.17 is the house just behind the Ford Corsair, there is a gap on the left of it. haven't seen the 'todays' view, I thought these houses were all long gone.

i now have 12 photos of this road...if anyone has an interest in it i will happily post them...one of them show 2 young lad standing outside no 10

lyn
Thanks Lyn, My grandparents the Trueman's lived at 28 Sycamore Road they moved in in about 1935 and stayed there until being moved out when the Aston Exprees way was being built, nice picture of there house next door to the green grocers.
Mike

Back