• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sutton road children’s home 1980s

J

jase-e

45 Sutton road children’s 80s

Hi to all first of all... i am glad i found this site now. Ok i need a bit of help and advice on where to look. I was brought up in children’s home in the 80s and on wards. I have stay at the cottage homes to nightmare places that’s for sure. Ravens Hurst and beech head to name a few night mares. But i am looking more for my old family as i spent most of my childhood years in Sutton road children’s home in Erdington. It was opposite the abbey ! 45 Sutton road, i would be very grateful if some could help me in the right direction as like i said we were all a family there means us kids, and we fought for our rights as kids to add!! Like all sitting in the tv room waiting for a curtain member of staff to be sacked!! So i am trying to find the people i grew up with there as they were and still are a big part of my life.
With thanks
Jase-e :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Jase-e, if you can remember any of your friends names try the Friends Reunited website. It is much better now and is free. At the top of the page is a search box put in a name and a list will come up with there details you can then read through and see if their is a connection. I have found a couple of old friends recently this way. Good Luck!:)

https://www.friendsreunited.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Jase-e, if you can remember any of your friends names try the Friends Reunited website. It is much better now and is free. At the top of the page is a search box put in a name and a list will come up with their details you can then read through and see if their is a connection. I have found a couple of old friends recently this way. Good Luck!:)

https://www.friendsreunited.co.uk
thanks wendy i trying there but it dont look as good as here. i found one lad i was in the home with but i dont think he use the site anymore, but thanks any way. i have to keep looking hard, and to add there sure names i have for gotten and i am sure most of the girls got married so it that bit harder. that why i think here is my best chance so to speak, it would be nice to find them as we spent most if not all of our childhood years as a family. and home back then homes were hard but we made it will i hope so anyway! but i keep trying as god love a tryer, i may be in sweden now but i have to find my old brothers and sister so to speak... thanks again

Well I wish you all the luck in the world. Try the surname interests here and put the girls maiden names down if they see them they will know its them. Best wishes Wendy.

Hi again Jase-e: This site might even be better than the one above for contacting people: Give it a try: https://www.careleaversreunited.com/
Once again I wish you good luck in your search for your friends.
thanks jenny. i give this a try. i found one of my old mates. which is good. i just want to make it clear to all i "DO NOT WANT TO DRAG UP THE PAST" one a find out how my family are now. i heard a few lost there lifes ect but i am only after the happy time and whats happening now.
thanks jennyann again.i keep looking that for sure as i feel half of me is missing :)

45 Sutton road children’s 80s

Hi to all first of all... i am glad i found this site now. Ok i need a bit of help and advice on where to look. I was brought up in children’s home in the 80s and on wards. I have stay at the cottage homes to nightmare places that’s for sure. Ravens Hurst and beech head to name a few night mares. But i am looking more for my old family as i spent most of my childhood years in Sutton road children’s home in Erdington. It was opposite the abbey ! 45 Sutton road, i would be very grateful if some could help me in the right direction as like i said we were all a family there means us kids, and we fought for our rights as kids to add!! Like all sitting in the tv room waiting for a curtain member of staff to be sacked!! So i am trying to find the people i grew up with there as they were and still are a big part of my life.
With thanks
Jase-e :wave:
Hi Jason, Marcus here ;) weve spoken via email etc but lost contact :(
If you want yo get intouch email me on?
[email protected] looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Jason, Marcus here ;) weve spoken via email etc but lost contact :(
If you want yo get intouch email me on?
[email protected] looking forward to hearing from you.
Hi Carehomekid

Thank you for post on the forum. We strongly advise members not to post their personal email addresses on the thread. Your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud, and identity theft. If you wish other members to contact you, then its best if you advise them to use the “Start Conversation” facility we provide. This then protects you and your privacy.

Back