• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sutton Coldfield Motorcycle Club

Paul D

master brummie
Hi Can any members help please. Has anyone heard of the Sutton Coldfield Motorcycle Club and when did it cease to be. I am trying to find out if anyone has details of the club or members names. The era I am interested in is the late 1930`s.
Paul

Hi Can any members help please. Has anyone heard of the Sutton Coldfield Motorcycle Club and when did it cease to be. I am trying to find out if anyone has details of the club or members names. The era I am interested in is the late 1930`s.
Paul

Not heard of a Sutton motorcycle club although I wish there was one running today.

There was a Sutton and North Birmingham Automobile Club (SUNBAC) which was very popular. I think this disbanded in the 70's.

Paul, SUNBAC disbanded due to lack of members (age !) and a change in the attitude to Motorcycles in the mid to late 60's. The activities of some in the 'Cowsheds' on the parade must have helped. (see Double Zero posts). However, a few did resurrect a sort of club, the Sutton Coldfield Tudor Rose Motorcycle Club. (known amongst its detractors, me included I must say, as SCOOTERMUCK !) The guiding light was one Geoff who lived opposite the Sainsbury's car park entrance. My late brother was a member, likewise a lady Florist who lives up the road from me. I think it survived into the mid 80's.

Time the name was revived I think.

North Birmingham could do with a "Classic car and motorcycle" club. Somewhere other than the mass of hotheads who meet at the Bassetts pole on a Tuesday.

If you email me I can send you a photograph when the Tudor Rose Motorcycle Club did an exhibition of motorbikes in conjunction with the Police Road Safety Squad . Circa 1977 . They also did fire watching at GOOD HOPE Hospital during the Firemans Strike and featured in Sutton Coldfield news .
Email: [email protected]

Back