• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Surname Interests

robert

master brummie
Hello every one. Does any one know a Bunting family living in the Wind mill Hill [Selly Oak/ North Field] area in the late 1800,s Then later around Cregoe St and Bell Barn Lane of Bristol St. Also George Wood B1866 wife Mary B1868 Living at Bishops Gate Street.      Thanks    Robert

Hi Robert. 1881 Census

Dwelling: 2 Windmill Hill
Census Place: Birmingham, Warwick, England
Source: FHL Film 1341712 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2975 Folio 7 Page 7
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Edward BUNTING M 38 M Birmingham
Rel: Head
Occ: Brass Dresser
Isabella BUNTING M 34 F Birmingham
Rel: Wife
Occ: Button Maker
Edward BUNTING U 13 M Birmingham
Rel: Son
John BUNTING 11 M Birmingham
Occ: Scholar
Janet BUNTING 10 F Birmingham
Rel: Daur
Flora BUNTING 8 F Birmingham
Isabella BUNTING 4 F Birmingham
Cornelius BUNTING 3 M Birmingham
Elizabeth BUNTING 1 F Birmingham

Hello Robert, 1891 Census information:

Dwelling: 7 Back of 23 (or 25?) Claybrook Street
Census Place: Birmingham, Warwick, England
Ref: RG12/2382

Marriage   Age    Sex    Birthplace

Cornelius P BUNTING  M  48  M  Birmingham
Rel: Head
Isabella BUNTING  M  44  F  Birmingham
Rel: Wife
Occ: Dresser (?)
Edward BUNTING  S(?)  25  M  Birmingham
Jane BUNTING  S(?)  20  F  Birmingham
Rel: Daughter
Occ: Warehouse Girl (something else is written in lightly next to this - Fac L maybe?)
Isabella BUNTING  U  14  F  Birmingham
Occ: French Polisher (something else written in lightly next to this - Cabt?)
Cornelius E BUNTING  U  13  M  Birmingham
Elizabeth BUNTING  U  11  F  Birmingham
May BUNTING  U  9  F  Birmingham
Leah BUNTING  U  7  F  Birmingham
Occ: None listed
William BUNTING  U  2  M  Birmingham
Occ: None listed

Hello Di Popitt and Hobbsy Thanks very much for your info I am trying to trace a marrage between Cornelios Bunting B1878 and Laura L wood born around the same time both from Birmingham.I would be very greatful for any information thanks,Robert

Hello Di Popitt, I like the way you lay out the Census information as it looks easier to follow so in future l hope you dont mind me taking a leaf out of your book and incorporating it into my Census records. l am sure l will not bewilder myself so much.

Hi Gerzzvan. I copy and paste from the record I'm looking at, it means I can't make a mistake in transcribing.  :)

Robert I think the family on the 1881 and the 1891 census that Hobbsy posted for you are one and the same,. Quite why Edward is then Cornelius is going to take a bit of unravelling. If I find a marriage I'll come back to you.

Hi Di Poppitt I think Edward and Cornelius are the same person as the names Edward Cornelius and Cornelius Edward follow every generation. [Does that make sence ?] I received a pm from Rita who told me that Conelius and Laura married in 1909 Thanks for your help Robert.PS What a GREAT site

Back