• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Lane School

hi folks i have never seen these pics before .found them the other week..will also be posting them under brearley st thread..pretty sure they show the old summer lane school and when demolished st chads roman catholic was built on the ground... also showing brearley st nursery which all of my children attended..

lyn..

can any one help Brian please

I have searched everywhere with no joy for a photograph of Summer Lane school,now demolished.Can you help please?

Brian
try memories of summer lane school lots of pics I went there from 1961 to 1966 I was in mr Edwards class hope this helps brian

if you want pics of schoolits memories of summer lane [school] lots of class form pics with teachers who can recognise themselves.

just been given these pics folks...summer lane teachers...dated 1960/1...sorry there are no names to them but hopefully we have some ex summer laners who may know some of the faces..

lyn

img126.jpg img127.jpg img128.jpg img129.jpg img130.jpg

nice photos carolina...strange to think some of my lot could be on them but of course no way of finding out

lyn

Does anyone remember my Dad, David Kevin Smith who lived in Smith Street and Little King Street in Hockley. He went to Summer Lane School from 1960 to 1964. His brothers were Ronnie, Billy and Alfie and sister Anne. His parents were Bill and Hannah (known as Annie). He would love to here from anyone that knows him or his family to reminisce about the 'good old days'.

Welcome Sarah. I've moved your post to this thread. Hope members will be able to help you. Meanwhile you might find some of the posts on here interesting. Enjoy the forum. Viv.

Hi maurice, forgot to mention my grt granny was a beardsmore not sure if ada beardsmore related havent been able to find much about the family i am a perry. My grt nan was a jane beardsmore who married an henry perry they lived in hospital street jane was born in 1855/6 but havent found much more about her really i use her name in memory of her. regards rose
Hi mother was a perry I wonder if there could be a connection

i was reading some time ago about how summer lane school did an awful lot for the underprivileged children that attended the school

lyn

Back