• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sturdy Eliza of Phillips Street?

Aldea

Brummie babby
I was just wondering whether anyone ever knew of Eliza Sturdy nee Hayden? She lived at 73 Phillips Street in Aston from at least 1901 to around 1930. Her husband died in 1906 and she carried on in the family home. My grandfather remembered her as 'Old Eliza' and as she lived at the same place for quite a spell, I was hoping that someone might recall her.

Marriages Jun 1881

HAYDEN Eliza Aston 6d299
STURDY John Aston 6d299

1891 Census:
Place: Aston -Warwickshire Enumeration District: 56
Civil Parish: Aston Ecclesiastical Parish: St Clements
Address: 3 Providence Place Church Rd

STURDY John Head M M 36 Brass Castor(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY Eliza Wife M F 31 Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY John Son - M 9 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY William Son - M 8 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY Harriet Dau - F 7 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY Harry Son - M 6 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY Albert Son - M 3 Warwickshire - Birmingham
STURDY Frederick Son - M 1 Warwickshire - Birmingham

Not sure if this is of any help....

Pom :angel:

Indeed that is her - I've traced her through to her death in 1930 so hoped that someone might actually remember her. It's funny how at of all the names you come across during the research, one person becomes such a focus of interest. There is no one in the family now who would have known her which is a pity.

Back